Whether you’re selling your home, car or just clearing out your garage, our new Villages classifieds give you a way to easily reach thousands of potential buyers each month. Posting a classified is simple, and just takes a minute.
But if you spend just a few minutes more, you can dramatically improve your opportunity to get your item sold fast. At USA4SALE, we’ve published online classifieds for more than 15 years and here’s what we’ve learned:
- Pictures make a difference. The first classifieds published in America appeared in the Boston News-Letter in 1704. Back then no one had an iPhone, so it’s understandable that photos weren’t part of the picture. Today, a classified ad without a photo is far less likely to draw attention. Take a few extra minutes to make sure you take a photo in good light and without distracting backgrounds.
- Write a good title. Most people don’t “read” classified ads, they scan them. So make sure your headline is informative and attention grabbing. Your title is also what will appear in search results on Google, be sure to include those details that are likely to invite someone to click.
- Don’t make people guess the price. If you’re offering something for sale, include an asking price. If it’s firm, say so. If you’re willing to negotiate, let buyers know you’re willing to take your price or the best offer. But don’t make people guess. They won’t.
- Share your ad on social media. On Villages4sale (as well as other USA4SALE sites) we offer easy social sharing buttons on your ad detail page. Click on these buttons to instantly share your listing with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social media sites. Not only will you get the added benefit of possibly selling to a friend, you’ll also improve your chances of your listing appearing higher in search results.
- Opt for the premium placement. Classifieds on our sites are free for private sellers in most categories. But if you want to stand out from the crowd of sellers, one easy way to do it is to pay a few bucks for premium placement. That extra exposure can make the difference and help make the sale.
Ready to get selling? Post your classified in the Villages.